We are building a team.
Want to be a part of it?
- Five or more years of experience, licensed architect who exercises independent judgment in evaluation, selection, and use of standard techniques, solves problems when encountered, and receives guidance on complex projects.
- Licensed architect who is competent in all conventional aspects of architecture. Performs work requiring independent judgment in evaluation, selection, and adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Independently solves problems encountered. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex issues and supervisory approval on proposed project plans.
- Capable of purposeful execution of all aspects of design from project vision to technical detailing.
- Candidates will be able to lead design and documentation efforts for several projects while collaborating directly with principals, staff, consultants and clients.
This position is available in both our Des Moines and Iowa City Office. Applicants please specify location preference.
Emerging Professional ///
- 0-5 years of experience.
- Full-time emerging professional on the path to licensure (formerly known as intern) on the path to licensure with two to three years of experience, works from the designs of others under supervision, and performs routine and limited architectural assignments.
- Performs specific/limited portions of assignments using prescribed methods. Under general supervision, works from the design of others and performs routine architectural assignments. Limited judgment is required on work details. Assignments may included higher-level work for training/development purposes.
This position is available in our Des Moines Office.
We are looking for technical skills, strong communication, passion for our brand and a desire to be part of a collaborative team constantly striving to impact people and places through design.
We are proud of our family culture promoting personal and professional growth while producing excellent work in Des Moines and several other cities. Team members are encouraged to be active in the community, pursue licensure, build expertise, build relationships and achieve a balanced life between work and home.
We are always seeking talented, passionate, like-minded team members, so applicants of varying experience levels are also welcome (even if you do not perfectly align with the above description).
Please submit a concise, clear portfolio, resume, and your responses to these questions via email:
- Why are you interested in Slingshot?
- Why Des Moines?
- What are your Core Values and Core Mission?
- Provide a one paragraph critique of a Slingshot project.
- If you could change one thing about our profession what would it be and how do you want to make a difference?
- What is your 20 year plan?
- What was the last book you read and tell us about it.
- What role do you envision playing at Slingshot?
- What do you want to know about us?
- When are you available to start?