We are building a team.
Want to be a part of it?
Interior Designer ///
- Minimum 3-4 years experience post school.
- Must have experience selecting finishes on developer led urban residential projects, Class A office space and bars & restaurants.
- Will contribute to multiple projects in the office.
- Manage material reps
Project Architect ///
- Minimum 5 years experience (currently licensed)
- Purposeful execution of all aspects of design from project vision to technical detailing is key.
- Candidates will be able to lead design and documentation efforts for several projects while collaborating directly with principals, staff, consultants and clients.
Intern Architect ///
- New graduates to 5 years experience (currently seeking licensure)
- As a part of a project team, candidates will work directly with principals and project managers to create concept imagery, develop design solutions, document construction detailing and assist in construction administration.
We are looking for technical skills, strong communication, passion for our brand and a desire to be part of a collaborative team constantly striving to impact people and places through design.
We are proud of our family culture promoting personal and professional growth while producing excellent work in Des Moines and several other cities. Team members are encouraged to be active in the community, pursue licensure, build expertise, build relationships and achieve a balanced life between work and home.
We are always seeking talented, passionate, like-minded team members, so applicants of varying experience levels are also welcome (even if you do not perfectly align with the above description).
Please submit a concise, clear portfolio, resume, and your responses to these questions via email:
- Why are you interested in Slingshot?
- Why Des Moines?
- What are your Core Values and Core Mission?
- Provide a one paragraph critique of a Slingshot project.
- If you could change one thing about our profession what would it be and how do you want to make a difference?
- What is your 20 year plan?
- What was the last book you read and tell us about it.
- What role do you envision playing at Slingshot?
- What do you want to know about us?
- When are you available to start?